Savannah FCA Student Athlete of the Month: Beverly Spinks – Savannah Christian
Every month the Savannah Area Fellowship of Christian Athletes, in partnership with Vaden Nissan Savannah and ESPN Coastal, will choose a Student Athlete of the Month. When selecting the recipient, the FCA looks for someone who exemplifies their core values: Integrity, Serving, Teamwork, and Excellence.
This month’s recipient: Beverly Spinks
● Age: 18
● School and Grade: Savannah Christian Preparatory School and 12th Grade
● Sports and Positions: Volleyball, Middle Blocker
● Favorite Bible Verse: Jeremiah 29:11
● Favorite Food: Raspberries
● Interesting Fact: I enjoy spending time with children. Children are the future of our
evolving world, and I love the idea of being able to influence them in the best way
possible and help them become their ideal self.
● As a student athlete that is focused on living out your faith on and off the field/court,
what’s the biggest thing you’ve learned about yourself?
○ While living out my faith on and off the court, I have realized that I can do
anything I set my mind to. God would not put challenges in my life that I could
not overcome. He challenges me to become my very best self and realize my full
● As a high school student athlete, is it difficult to stay focused on your relationship
with Jesus Christ?
○ As a high school student athlete, it is very necessary to manage my time. When
trying to balance school work, practices and games, and my faith, it can become
difficult. However, I feel my relationship with God comes before all else, in
which I always make sure to find time to practice my faith throughout my day.
● What are some things you do every day to make sure you stay focused on your
relationship with Christ?
○ One thing I do everyday to make sure I stay focused on my relationship with
Christ is pray each and every morning on my way to school. I also read a daily,
motivational Bible verse to keep myself focused on my path from God.
● What is your involvement with FCA on campus, and how has FCA helped you stay
focused on your relationship with Christ.
○ I am one of the FCA Presidents in my school community. FCA has helped me to
stay focused on my relationship with Christ by allowing me to spend time with fellow Christian athletes and build off of each others faith. Knowing that I am surrounded by gifted athletes and incredible coaches, it motivates me to share my faith with everyone around me.
● It’s the last play of a game and the game is on the line. You huddle up your
teammates to motivate them. What do you say?
○ “We’ve worked too hard to get where we are today to give up now. Put your faith
in each other and let’s work together as a team.”
● What are your plans after you graduate?
○ After I graduate, I plan to attend college and major in Biology. I also plan to
attend medical school after earning my degree in order to become a Pediatric
For more info on the Savannah Area FCA: savfca.org