Savannah Area FCA Student Athlete of the Month presented by Vaden Nissan: McKenzie King of Memorial Day
Every month the Savannah Area Fellowship of Christian Athletes, in partnership with Vaden Nissan Savannah and ESPN Coastal, will choose a Student Athlete of the Month. When selecting the recipient, the FCA looks for someone who exemplifies their core values: Integrity, Serving, Teamwork, and Excellence.
Name: McKenzie King
School and Grade: Memorial Day School – 8th grade
Sports and Positions: Basketball – Guard
Favorite Bible Verse: Philippians 4:13
Favorite Food: Chick-fil-a Chicken Sandwich
Interesting Fact: First name is Jordan
- As a student athlete that is focused on living out your faith on and off the field/court, what’s the biggest thing you’ve learned about yourself?
“When you work hard with others to be a better player, you learn that caring about your teammates is very important. When you spend so much time together, it gets easier to share your faith and the things that are most important to you.”
- As a high school student athlete, is it difficult to stay focused on your relationship with Jesus Christ?
“I am an eighth grader, and I am honored to be able to play on the Varsity Girls basketball team. My teammates are amazing. Sometimes staying focused is tough, but I pray daily to be the light.”
- What are some things you do every day to make sure you stay focused on your relationship with Christ?
“I pray and listen to Christian music.”
- What is your involvement with FCA on campus, and how has FCA helped you stay focused on your relationship with Christ?
“We had FCA a couple of years ago and that was helpful. By leading prayer and living out my faith at school and on the court and being willing to lead a team huddle, I am trying to help bring FCA back to MDS.”
- It’s the last play of a game and the game is on the line. You huddle up your teammates to motivate them. What do you say?
“I believe in each one of you. I believe in our team. Come on and let’s finish finish strong. Let’s play our best until the end no matter what. We can do this! Go Matadors!”
- What are your plans after you graduate?
“I am praying for wisdom and guidance.”